Notifications
Clear all

Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting is not detecting 1000Mbps ONU port

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@bittu)

Inside Advanced>Network>Internet>Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting---Was set to "Auto negotiation' and I was getting 100Mbps. If I change the Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting to 1000Mbps, LAN LED on ONU stopped glowing and causing no internet.
*I'm using all perfectly fine CAT 6 cables. *Routers WAN port is connected with ONUs gigabit port. *Firmware is updated Found people had similer problem with different model, but no solution yet. Can you guys help me out? Thank you

2 Replies
eTechniz
(@etechniz)
Trusted Member

Hi, Could you share the Screen shot 

eTechniz
(@etechniz)
Trusted Member

(I do not have any information on devices so consider it on the basics of user's exercise)

Verify Cable Quality: Ensure that all your CAT 6 cables are in good condition and properly crimped. Sometimes, even a slight issue with the cable can cause negotiation problems.

Manual Configuration: Try manually setting the speed and duplex settings on both the router and the ONU. For example, set the speed to 1000Mbps and duplex to full on both ends, and disable auto-negotiation if possible.

Test with Different Ports: If your router has multiple WAN ports, try connecting to a different port to see if the issue persists.

Factory Reset: Perform a factory reset on your router and reconfigure it. Sometimes, a fresh start can resolve configuration issues

Reboot Sequence: Power cycle your modem and router. Turn off both devices, wait for about 30 seconds, then turn on the modem first. Once the modem is fully up and running, turn on the router

MAC Address Refresh: Contact your ISP and ask them to refresh the MAC address filter on their end. Sometimes, the ISP’s system might need to recognize the new device.

Check Modem Compatibility: Ensure that your modem is compatible with gigabit speeds. 

Hardcode Speed and Duplex: Manually set the speed and duplex settings on both the router and the ONU. For example, set the speed to 1000Mbps and duplex to full on both ends, and disable auto-negotiation if possible.

System Parameters: Go to the advanced settings of your router and check the system parameters. Ensure that the duplex setting is either 1000Mbps Full Duplex or Auto Negotiation.

Test with Different Devices: Connect different devices to the router to see if they can negotiate at 1000Mbps. This can help identify if the issue is specific to a particular device.

Replace Cables: Even though you mentioned using CAT 6 cables, try replacing them with new ones to rule out any potential cable issues.

Check for Interference: Ensure that there are no sources of electromagnetic interference near your router and ONU. Devices like microwaves, cordless phones, and other electronic devices can sometimes cause issues with network connections.

Share: